QLC is an online school that helps people try new careers around the world through remote internships with startups.
We provide experiences with the latest business and technology trends using live projects supported by online learning, mentorship and community.
- Ambitious: We're challenging how the role of education fits into people's lives by encouraging them to learn more, and learn often. Only 29% of millennials actually like their work, so we're creating some alternative pathways through project-based learning for those who want a change, and don't know where to start.
- A remote team: We work from different locations and across different timezones. Currently you’ll find us in Singapore, Dubai, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Cebu, Auckland, Tel Aviv, and California. We’re working out of cafes, beaches, co-working spaces and our homes. We believe work is a set of goals you achieve every week and not a place you go to for 40 hours a week.
- Very internationally minded. Our programs work with people from all around the world, so you'll need to understand the nuances of different cultures and mindsets. Our team speak isn't quite Wall Street or BBC - don't be surprised to find us throwing in a little Singlish, Aussie slang or Anime expressions day to day on Slack.
A user driven design team: Build the QLC product through UI/UX work with our Fullstack Designer. Carry out design research and test prototypes.
Graphic design: Support our user acquisition team through designing web assets for landing pages, or creating other visual marketing collaterals. This could include editing photos, making icons and patterns, and creating images for social media posts.
Build our brand: Help articulate our brand using design across different mediums and platforms including presentation decks for the sales team or printed items for physical spaces such as posters, notebooks and stickers.
We can offer:
- A part time or full time gig for 3 months
- A startup stipend to support that
- Remote (or if you're in Shanghai - in person works too!)
- A big problem to work on
- A pretty cool team
- Flexibility to work where and when you want
- Support to learn and try new things
- Stay hungry: You want to solve a human problem. You can identify with the QLC story, but you're not jaded. You want to be a part of creating a solution, and build a beautiful experience in the process.
- Be self motivated. We are an early stage startup. We have some traction but a lot of the work, is still ahead of us. You will be trusted with being proactive, responsible with your work and communicative with everyone on the team. If you don't do it, no one else will.
- Keep an appetite to learn new things: QLC is built around the idea of lifelong learning. We work best with people who have a strong sense of curiosity, and a fondness for self learning.
- Own the 80/20 rule: Understand when good enough, is better than perfect. Moving one step forward and collecting feedback, is often more valuable than spending another day at the drawing board.
- Be nice and have a positive attitude. No assholes thanks.
- Do the right thing.
You must have:
We get that the best designers don’t have a specific background, length of experience or knowledge of specific tools. But we expect better candidates to have:
A portfolio with sample work from either previous internships or school work
Experience with digital design tools (probably Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Balsamiq)
At least 15-20 hours per week availability, either online or in person (our chief designer is based in Shanghai!)
A genuine interest for technology, ideas and the world.