QLC is an online school that helps people try new careers around the world through remote internships with startups.
We provide experiences with the latest business and technology trends using live projects supported by online learning, mentorship and community.
- Ambitious: We're challenging how the role of education fits into people's lives by encouraging them to learn more, and learn often. Only 29% of millennials actually like their work, so we're creating some alternative pathways through project-based learning for those who want a change, and don't know where to start.
- A remote team: We work from different locations and across different timezones. Currently you’ll find us in Singapore, Dubai, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Cebu, Auckland, Tel Aviv, and California. We’re working out of cafes, beaches, co-working spaces and our homes. We believe work is a set of goals you achieve every week and not a place you go to for 40 hours a week.
- Very internationally minded. Our programs work with people from all around the world, so you'll need to understand the nuances of different cultures and mindsets. Our team speak isn't quite Wall Street or BBC - don't be surprised to find us throwing in a little Singlish, Aussie slang or Anime expressions day to day on Slack.
Grow our user base: Ramp up running creative campaigns across multiple marketing channels to bring more qualified users through the door. Grow our existing social media, email, SEM, content channels and help us identify new ones.
PR & Comms: Build our brand and our traffic through announcements and other communication channels. Help us foster key relationships with media partners and influencers across different markets.
Manage our messaging: Manage and optimise our landing pages and comms channels. Understand how to speak to each unique audience that participates with our brand: be it students, startups, business professionals, alumni, QLC supporters or prospective partners!
Build our community: Use social media, events (online and offline) to activate and engage our users, and turn them into customers.
We can offer:
- A startup salary ($3-5k pm) with some equity.
- The opportunity to grow the role into a team management role
- A big problem to work on
- A team that works smart and plays (computer games) hard
- Flexibility to work where and when you want. Travel may be required from time to time to execute on initiatives that may involve running in person events
- Support to learn and try new things
- Biannual treatment for your travel bug (team retreats!)
- Stay hungry: You want to solve a human problem. You can identify with the QLC story, but you're not jaded. You want to be a part of creating a solution, and build a beautiful experience in the process.
- Be self motivated. We are an early stage startup. We have some traction but a lot of the work, is still ahead of us. You will be trusted with being proactive, responsible with your work and communicative with everyone on the team. If you don't do it, no one else will.
- Keep an appetite to learn new things: QLC is built around the idea of lifelong learning. We work best with people who have a strong sense of curiosity, and a fondness for self learning.
- Own the 80/20 rule: Understand when good enough, is better than perfect. Moving one step forward and collecting feedback, is often more valuable than spending another day at the drawing board.
- Be nice and have a positive attitude. No assholes thanks.
- Do the right thing.
You must have:
We get that the best designers don’t have a specific background, length of experience or knowledge of specific tools. But we expect better candidates to have:
- Startup marketing experience: You have run different marketing channels for at least one high growth startup for 12 months.
- Strong communication and writing skills: Someone who will be excited to spread the word about our mission, and positively represent the brand personally and professionally.
- On top of trends: Have a knack for knowing about what's happening in the world. You might be a big reader, a strong researcher or just a serious Redditor. You're on top of news and events and constantly transforming our marketing angles to adapt.
- Be highly organised and thrive on moving fast. We're looking at running different experiments day on day, week on week. Own our existing processes and then proactively create new ones.
- Be well spoken: Communicate confidently with the media, and other industry influencers from diverse backgrounds to create lasting partnerships.
- Have experience using common (or similar) non-technical marketing and sales tools (eg: Mailchimp, Zapier, Leadpages, Intercom, Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- A passion for technology, ideas and the world.