QLC is an online school that helps people try new careers around the world through remote internships with startups.
We provide experiences with the latest business and technology trends using live projects supported by online learning, mentorship and community.
- Ambitious: We're challenging how the role of education fits into people's lives by encouraging them to learn more, and learn often. Only 29% of millennials actually like their work, so we're creating some alternative pathways through project-based learning for those who want a change, and don't know where to start.
- A remote team: We work from different locations and across different timezones. Currently you’ll find us in Singapore, Dubai, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Cebu, Auckland, Tel Aviv, and California. We’re working out of cafes, beaches, co-working spaces and our homes. We believe work is a set of goals you achieve every week and not a place you go to for 40 hours a week.
- Very internationally minded. Our programs work with people from all around the world, so you'll need to understand the nuances of different cultures and mindsets. Our team speak isn't quite Wall Street or BBC - don't be surprised to find us throwing in a little Singlish, Aussie slang or Anime expressions day to day on Slack.
- Grow our university pipeline: create new relationships and manage existing senior relationships to influence university delivery strategy, drive sales growth and secure contracts.
- Convert pilots into scalable partnerships: Grow new revenue streams by leading contract negotiations and getting creative with how we can work with universities.
- Be face of QLC in the higher education edtech space: This isn't selling CRM software. You will be the face of QLC for global university stakeholders, building relationships both in person and via the magic of the interwebs.
We can offer:
- Salary negotiable with some equity.
- The opportunity to build your own team and revenue streams from the ground up.
- A big problem to work on
- A team that works smart and plays (computer games) hard
- Flexibility to work where and when you want. Travel will be required from time to time to execute on initiatives that may involve running in person events.
- Biannual treatment for your travelbug (team retreats!)
- Stay hungry: You want to solve a human problem. You can identify with the QLC story, but you're not jaded. You want to be a part of creating a solution, and build a beautiful experience in the process.
- Be self motivated. We are an early stage startup. We have some traction but a lot of the work, is still ahead of us. You will be trusted with being proactive, responsible with your work and communicative with everyone on the team. If you don't do it, no one else will.
- Keep an appetite to learn new things: QLC is built around the idea of lifelong learning. We work best with people who have a strong sense of curiosity, and a fondness for self learning.
- Own the 80/20 rule: Understand when good enough, is better than perfect. Moving one step forward and collecting feedback, is often more valuable than spending another day at the drawing board.
- Be nice and have a positive attitude. No assholes thanks.
- Do the right thing.
You must have:
We get that the best designers don’t have a specific background, length of experience or knowledge of specific tools. But we expect better candidates to have:
- A genuine interest in the Future of Work and Education space. You're excited by how technology has changed how people work and learn.
- Experience working with universities to some capacity. You have a working knowledge of the different departments, teams and flow of resources.
- Be familiar with the higher education landscape in different markets and also the continuous learning industry (eg: General Assembly, Udacity)
- B2B sales experience. You understand how to build partnerships, identify buyers within an enterprise and optimise a sales cycle. You're excited by the idea of multiplying a revenue stream 10x.
- An ability to shape QLC's strategy and product roadmap by serving as the voice of the university customer. Provide insight into their needs and market trends in this space.
- An ability to build a university enterprise sales function and team within our company.